I'll admit it, I love a good rant. I respect those who can give rants well. I would list the ones I really like, but I'm not sure I want to deal with the arguments that would follow. 😉
Unfortunately, I have a problem in giving rants. It ties with this unfortunate trait I possess where if I let myself get angry I say things that destroy relationships. No, I'm not giving examples, but there you are.
So when I do rant, I try to never do so in anger. Especially when it's the written word. Instead, I try to do so under one of the following conditions:
- I need to be a whimsical mood.
- OR I need to be willing to submit a solution.
- OR I need to be willing to accept a solution, even if it means work.
- OR I need to be willing to create a solution.
- OR the object of the rant must be an easy target to flame.