New Year's Resolutions for 2014
Making New Year's Resolutions is something I do every year. It's important to me. I like to set goals and see how well I do.
- Write and publish fiction. This is a childhood dream that I would like to do.
- Write and publish as least one new technical book, preferably on Python.
- Learn Haskell or some other interesting programming language.
- Figure out a way I can make money working in open source efforts. As a consultant, this explains why I don't do it more.
- Visit the two continents I've yet to see. That means Africa and Antarctica.
- See the Grand Canyon.
- Visit more family.
- Do 1000 push-ups or similar exercises in a single day. I'm at 300 now.
- Pull off an Aú sem Mão (no-handed cartwheel).
- Blog once a week. That is at least 52 blog entries!
- Take a fun class with Audrey.
- Upload all my outstanding pictures to Flickr!
- Learn how to surf or snowboard.
- See all my friends. All of them.
- Work less and enjoy life with Audrey more.
- Release the second edition of Two Scoops of Django.
- Visited South Africa (Argentina and Brazil!)
- Visited two new nations, Argentina and Brazil.
- Went back to the East Coast to visit Philadelphia and places in New Jersey.
- Went back to the Philippines.
- Took some awesome road trips around the USA. My favorite was driving up the Pacific Coast highway.
- Pulled of an Aú Batido
- Took a fun class with Audrey. We did woodshop!