Resolutions for 2010
This was originally posted on blogger here.
- Sell the house, pay off the remainders of my debts, and get my own place to stay. And get a car too.
- Travel to another country.
- Take my son to another country.
- Drop the waist size 2 inches and not break any bones.
- Go to an amusement park, visit the beach, and also see a part of the USA I've never been.
- Do more educational work for Python related technologies, and that includes getting the Django Education Foundation really rolling forwards.
- Throw away at least half my current stuff. I don't have much stuff now, and I want even less. Also, If I don't use or interact with any one of my non-book remaining possessions by 2011, I'm throwing it away.
- Move my blog to my own system and blog at least once a week.
- Get a mountain bike and have reasons to use it.
- Get back into Eskrima, focus more on BJJ, get into Capoeira.
- Hire a maid. I'm not messy, but I want someone to do the fine tuning of my place.
- Go to Pycon, DjangoCon, and a new conference.
- Have a beer with Thomas, Andy, Andy, Tony, Garrick, Bernd, and the rest of Ye Aulde Gange.
3 comments captured from original post on Blogger
Tudor said on 2009-12-31
I stumbled upon your blog and I noticed that one of your 2010 resolutions was to evolve the Django Training Fundation. I would be very interested to find out more abou t this. Me and my company are holding Django training courses and would be nice to exchange some experience.
What's the current status of your fundation?
PS good luck on learning Capoeira. I've started kickboxing for 5 months and that compesates just perfect with he sedentary lifestyle of a Pythonista.
Happy New Year!
James said on 2010-01-01
what are your options on for your own blog system? something made with Django hosted on App Engine?
eleddy said on 2010-01-04
great tangible goals! my favorite is the maid goal. maids are awesome. I'm clean but never home/too busy so it gets dusty all the time. Luckily I'm close to mexico and maids are cheap. She comes in once every 2 months and the place just sparkles!
Tags: pycon djangocon django holidays martial arts family health personal legacy-blogger