Best Pycon 2009 Day Ever!
This was originally posted on blogger here.
Yesterday was a day I don't think I will ever be able to top again. I think it was the pinnacle of my geeky existence, and I fear that the rest of my life will be a dull effort to recapture the glory that was yesterday. Why do I think this is so?
- My project, NASA SMD Spacebook got mention during Katie Cunningham's lightning talk.
- I lost one of the Django BFDL's dongle And everyone in the worldwide Python community saw it happen live.
- Guido van Rossum talked about twitter in his keynote. He referred to a twit post which was Barbara Shaurrette helping me get a chance to gush at him like a screaming fan boy. So yes, Guido is aware that I exist!
- NASA SMD Spacebook got multiple mentions in the Pinax talk by James Tauber.
- In Ian Bicking's infamous pycon 2009 talk I managed to misspell Whiskey/Whisky twice! Once the Old Country way and once the New World way.
- I got a 3 minute opportunity to gush like a raving fan boy to Guido before he managed to escape.
- Zed Shaw kicked me in the nuts!
That said, in the hopes that I can top this magnificent effort, I am calling this post the 'Best Pycon 2009 Conference Day'. My hope is that maybe I can beat it in the future. I doubt it. Sob.
Update: I beat this day the next year when I met Audrey Roy.
Tags: NASA science pycon geek celebrities django holidays python pinax spacebook legacy-blogger