Recap of 2008
This was originally posted on blogger here.
- I went to Chicago for the first time. The architecture was beautiful. The local food was quite good, nearly as good as the Neapolitan fare I had in 2007.
- Cycled through New York City and reconnected with old family relations.
- Kept up with the martial arts. Competed twice.
- Almost up to 5 years without a broken bone!!!
- Worked another year with Python and Plone. Started to work professionally with Django.
- Stayed with NASA. Managed to see my team evolve into a group that doesn't make me want to pull out my non-existent hair.
- Launched our big project at work (http://nasascience.nasa.gov)
- Got my son into physical fitness again.
- Shaved my head.
- Got our finances more in order.
- Helped shepherd my students forward for the most part. I'm so proud of them.
- Didn't lose anyone close to me.
- Helped support Food and Water Watch.
- Lasted another year (4 years) at NASA.
- Had a painful kidney ailment in the spring that was a combination of bruising and dehydration.
Tags: friends martial arts plone python food finances gym cycling family health kid nasa nyc legacy-dannygreenfeld