The temptation is very strong...
This was originally posted on blogger here.
I want a vacation. One away from home, my daily chores, work and anything involving responsibility. A clean break from life. Our finances are in improving shape, so a vacation is in our reach. I don't have expensive tastes, and neither does my family. Preferably I want to go somewhere warm and enjoy the ocean. The sea gives my soul energy. Ideally I want a $1000 vacation for the three of us (me, wife, 16-year old son).
However, upon any sort of reflection, now is not the time. We have so much that needs doing. A quick list of things to do:
- Take down the dying tree in back ($2300)
- Take down a tree growing on the side of our house ($1000)
- Redo the kitchen sink ($1000)
- Install a dishwasher in the kitchen ($1000)
- Electrical work in the basement ($500)
- Replace the upstairs toilette ($300)
- Replace all our 1960s era windows ($5000)
- Fix the back porch roof ($750)
- Pay back a hospital bill ($300)
- Buy me a new bike ($500)
- Pay back a bigger bill or three ($infinity)
Tags: vacation finances house legacy-dannygreenfeld