My trip to the hospital
This was originally posted on blogger here.
Last night around 10:45 I started to feel an excruciating pain in my lower left back in the approximate area of my kidney scaled around 8 or 9 on the 10 point pain scale. Not to mention periodic fits of nausea. Around 11:30 minutes my son woke up, and at my request called 911 plus a family friend who lives nearby. The EMTs came and took me to Arlington County Hospital which is not far from where we live.
Sometime after midnight the pain faded from a scale of 8 or 9 to about 2 or 3, although the nausea continues to come in slow cycles. I was poked and prodded, CAT scanned and was asked lots of questions. They have hard evidence something is wrong, but the CAT scan is not showing anything. Some suspects include:
- Kidney stones (but these normally show up on CAT scans)
- Blunt trauma to the left lower back (should show up on CAT scans)
- Dehydration (Won't show up on CAT scans but not likely - I drink a lot of water)
- Over-exerscion causing muscle dissolution (Won't show up on CAT scans but I don't think I've been working that hard)
- Pulled/Cramped back muscle (Won't show up on CAT scans)
- Pinched nerve (I'm not feeling any of the loss of mobility this caused on my right side last year)
Anyway, I just got home after being discharged. I've been up all night. I'm going to take a nap, then get my prescription, then log in to work.
Tags: health legacy-dannygreenfeld